If you want to have different menu using sausage, there is delicious recipe to follow. It is a sausage pepper and rice skillet. It sounds difficult, but actually it is not as what you think. There are complete ingredients to prepare, and you also get complete instructions to cook the dish. It will not be too difficult to follow. Moreover, it has some spices, so you will get strong taste of sausage and other ingredients. It will only take around 30 minutes to cook, yet the taste will make you fully satisfied. If you want to try, just follow the recipe below. There are also details of duration in each step, so it will be easy to do.
Dinner Recipes Healthy, Dinner Recipes Easy, Dinner Recipes For Family, Dinner Recipes Vegan, Dinner Recipes For Two, Dinner Recipes Date Night, Dinner Recipes Summer, Dinner Recipes Quick. #dinnerrecipeshealthy #dinnerrecipes #easydinnerrecipes #dinnerrecipesforfamily #dinnerideas #easydinnerideas
Prep Time : 8 minutes
Cook Time : 22 minutes
Total Time : 30 minutes
Yield : 4-6 servings
- 1 package (12 ounce) smoked sausage
- 1¼ cup white rice
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ red bell pepper, sliced
- ½ teaspoon kosher sea salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1½ tablespoons parsley, chopped
- ½ yellow bell pepper, sliced
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 5 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 small white onion, quartered and cut into slices
- 1¼ cup low-sodium chicken broth, cut into smaller slices or divided
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- Get a saucepan.
- Wash the rice and cook it. You can follow the cooking instructions in the rice package.
- Get a large iron skillet and get medium heat. After the skillet is hot, add the olive oil on it. Shimmer the oil and cook the sausage. Make both sides browned. Usually it takes 5 minutes. Remove the sausage and set the sausage aside.
- Then, sauté the peppers and onion for around 5 minutes.
- Add in the pepper, garlic, and salt. Cook them until you get the nice fragrance from the mixture. Usually it takes only 1 minute.
- Remove the mixture from the pan and set them aside together with the sausage.
- Add the tomato sauce to the pan. Whisk it together with the ¾ cup of chicken broth.
- Simmer the liquid for around 1 minute, and add in the cayenne and paprika.
- Sir in the cooked rice, and the other cooked mixtures of ingredients. Stir them together until they are fully mixed.
- Remove from the pan and place in the serving dish. Add the parsley for the garnish.