Easy Delicious Grilled Tequila Shrimp Recipes. Servings will depend on how well your guests or family like shrimp.
- 2 pounds of large, unpeeled shrimp
- ½ cup of peanut oil (olive oil can be used instead)
- ½ cup of Tequila, any brand
- ¼ cup of lime juice
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 2 medium cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons of ground cumin
- Salt and Pepper
- If you are using wooden skewers, be sure to soak them in water for an hour before you get started.
- Thread 3 or 4 shrimp onto the skewers and place them all in a shallow glass dish. Don’t use an aluminum pan!
- In a bowl, mix the tequila, lime juice, garlic, shallots, cumin, and salt and pepper. Base the salt and pepper on your personal taste. Slowly whisk in the peanut oil until everything is well blended. Pour over the shrimp and leave in the refrigerator for 2 to 4 hours to marinate.
- Oil the grill to prevent sticking or apply a non-stick spray like Pam. Bring the grill to medium heat. Lay out the skewers and cook for about 3 or 4 minutes on each side. Serve immediately.
Note: Waste not-Want not! Use the remaining tequila to make a cocktail called Tequila Sunrise. The original recipe called for tequila, cream de cassis, lime juice and soda water but a more popular version uses tequila, orange juice, and grenadine syrup. It gets its name from the way it looks after pouring into a glass. To make 4 drinks, mix 8 measures of tequila with 8 dashes of grenadine and add orange juice.
- MUST TRY! Super Delicious Rice and Fruit Salad Recipes
- Easy Delicious Shrimp and Sugar Snap Peas Recipes
- TOP 3 Easy Tasty Recipes You Must Try!