This salad goes great with grilled chicken or steak. You can substitute white beans but since black eyed peas are so good for you, I’d encourage you to try them first. Be sure to seal tightly before traveling.
Potluck Black Eyed Pea & Cucumber Salad
Yield: 6 servings
- 1 can of black eyed peas (14 oz)
- 4 cups of peeled and diced cucumbers
- 3 Tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons of lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon of dried oregano
- 2 Tablespoons of chopped black olives
- ¼ cup of chopped red onion
- ½ cup of shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2/3 cup of diced red bell pepper
- ½ teaspoon of black pepper
In a large bowl, blend the oil, black pepper, lemon juice and oregano. Add the remaining ingredients and toss. Chill or serve at room temperature.