Turkey and potatoes are good combination of dish. It will give complete nutrients and great taste. If you want to try new recipe, there is good menu to try. It will use the turkey and sweet potatoes as the main ingredients. There are some spices and cheese to give richer and stronger taste. It will only take around 40 minutes. When you are interested to cook the dish, here are the complete ingredients and instructions to follow.
Dinner Recipes Healthy, Dinner Recipes Easy, Dinner Recipes For Family, Dinner Recipes Vegan, Dinner Recipes For Two, Dinner Recipes Date Night, Dinner Recipes Summer, Dinner Recipes Quick. #dinnerrecipeshealthy #dinnerrecipes #easydinnerrecipes #dinnerrecipesforfamily #dinnerideas #easydinnerideas
Prep Time : 10 minutes
Cook Time : 30 minutes
Total Time : 40 minutes
Yield : 4 servings
- 3 small sweet potatoes; peeled and diced. It can also be replaced by 2 bigger potatoes.
- 1 cup onion, diced
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ½ cup water
- 1½ tablespoons of ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- ¼ cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- ½ cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 pound of ground turkey
- Prepare a large cast iron skillet
- Heat olive oil on the skillet by using medium-high heat.
- Add the garlic and cook it for 1minutes. Do it until you get the fragrance of onion.
- Then, add the ground turkey.
- Get a wooden spoon and break the meat. Do it carefully since it may need some strength in doing the steps. After that, cook the turkey for around 8 minutes. If you do not know the timer, you can do it until the meat gets browned. It is the easy indicator.
- Add in the salt, pepper, cumin, and the chili powder. Stir them well until the ingredients and meat are mixed completely.
- Add the onion and bell pepper. Cook these all for 4 minutes.
- Add in the diced potatoes and water. Stir them for a moment and cover the skillet. Do it for around 8 minutes to make the potatoes softened. You can check it to make sure that the process is done.
- When you see that the ingredients get drying, add other water in cooking the potatoes.
- Remove the lid once the process is done. Try to taste it. When you need more flavor, add the salt and black pepper.
- Add the shredded mozzarella as the topping and make the cheese melt.
- Remove them from the skillet and get the serving plate. Add some garnish with the cilantro in serving the dish.