Chicken Kiev is basically a dish of stuffed chicken breast with numerous variations of stuffing. The name “Kiev” is there because the dish is very popular in Kiev, the capital of Ukraine. Down below is a simple recipe to make delicious Chicken Kiev stuffed with fresh asparagus and mozzarella cheese.
Dinner Recipes Healthy, Dinner Recipes Easy, Dinner Recipes For Family, Dinner Recipes Vegan, Dinner Recipes For Two, Dinner Recipes Date Night, Dinner Recipes Summer, Dinner Recipes Quick. #dinnerrecipeshealthy #dinnerrecipes #easydinnerrecipes #dinnerrecipesforfamily #dinnerideas #easydinnerideas
Prep Time : 15 minutes
Cook Time : 35 hours
Total Time : 50 minutes
Yield : 4
- 72 oz lean chicken breasts (4 pieces/ 18 oz each)
- 7.2 oz medium-sized asparagus stalks (12 pieces/ 0.6 oz each)
- 500 grams mozzarella cheese, slice into 4 slices
- 1 small lemon, zested
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder/ 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- The first thing that you have to do is preheating oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit or 218 degrees Celsius for 10 minutes.
- Prepare a clean cutting board. Place the chicken breasts on top the cutting board. Use a sharp knife, cut the breast lengthwise but not all the way through so that you make a sort of pocket on each chicken breast.
- In a small bowl, mix together 1 tablespoon of lemon zest, salt and freshly ground black pepper. Stuff the mixture evenly into each pocket on the chicken breast. Set them aside.
- Wash the asparagus stalks properly and then trim the edge. Stuff 3 asparagus stalks inside each pocket, followed by a slice of mozzarella cheese.
- Seal the pocket by fold it over so that the filling is enclosed properly inside the chicken breast.
- Make the seasoning: mix together olive oil, paprika powder, garlic powder (or minced garlic if you prefer), salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Using a brush, coat the outside of the chicken breast with the seasoning mixture. Make sure every inch of the breast is covered properly by the seasoning.
- Prepare a large skillet. The skillet should be oven safe. Put the skillet on a stove over medium-high heat. Drizzle 1 tablespoon olive oil on it and heat it up.
- Place the chicken on the heated skillet and sear for 4 minutes on each side. The outside of the breast should be golden brown.
- Remove the skillet from the stove and transfer it into the oven.
- Bake the chicken breasts in the oven for 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes, check for the doneness. Chicken Kiev should be cooked through. Stick a meat thermometer to check the internal temperature of the breast. If it has reached 165 degrees Fahrenheit or 74 degrees Celsius, the dish is done.
- Serve the dish immediately.