This is a great recipe for when it’s just too hot to cook. If you are taking this dish to a potluck dinner, wait until you arrive to add the fresh fruit. It will not have to be heated or refrigerated.
Prep Time: 15 minutes Yield: 4 servings
- 2 cups of cooked long grain rice
- 2 Tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons of orange juice
- 1 Tablespoon of vinegar
- 2 teaspoons of chopped shallots
- ¼ teaspoon of salt
- ¼ teaspoon of pepper
- 1 cup of chopped fresh peach
- ¾ cup of fresh blueberries
- ¾ cup of fresh strawberries
- 3 Tablespoons of toasted almonds
Heat a small, dry skillet, add almonds and stir until toasted. Whisk together the oil, juice, vinegar, shallots, salt and pepper. Add the almonds, cooked rice, peach and berries and toss gently.