One-Skillet Mozzarella Chicken Thighs – keto recipes, keto recipes dinner, keto recipes easy, keto recipes ketogenic, keto recipes meal prep, keto recipes for beginners #ketorecipes #ketorecipesdinner #ketorecipeseasy #ketorecipesketogenic #ketorecipesmealprep #ketorecipesforbeginners
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 25-30 minutes
3 T. extra virgin olive oil, divided
2 lbs.boneless, skinless chicken thighs
1½ T. Italian seasoning, divided
Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
3 T. unsalted butter
¼ c. chicken broth, preferably organic
½ c. multi-colored cherry tomatoes, quartered*
8 oz. fresh Mozzarella cheese, sliced
½ t. red pepper flakes
Sprigs fresh basil
*Multi-color tomatoes suggested for visual appeal. Can substitute fresh tomatoes of choice.
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large, oven-safe skillet over medium heat.
- Rub the chicken thighs with the remaining olive oil and sprinkle both sides with one tablespoon Italian seasoning. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and transfer to the hot skillet.
- Cook for 4-5 minutes per side, or until the chicken develops a golden crust. Remove from heat and add butter, chicken broth, and cherry tomatoes. Top each chicken thigh with a slice of fresh Mozzarella cheese and sprinkle with crushed red pepper flakes and remaining Italian seasoning. Season with additional salt and black pepper, if desired.
- Transfer skillet into preheated oven and roast for 15-20 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through and the Mozzarella is melted. Remove from oven and allow the chicken to rest for 5 minutes.
- To serve, top chicken with some pan sauce and fresh basil sprigs, if desired. Serve immediately with loaded cauliflower au gratin for a complete LCHF meal or your choice of sides. Enjoy!
Nutritional Information: *
Total Carbs: 2.16g
Net Carbs: 1.88g
*Source: HappyForks.com recipe analyzer.
Nutritional information provided for entertainment purposes only and is not to be construed as medical advice.