Summer Time Shrimp Pasta with Spicy Garlic and Tomatoes Sauce Dinner Recipes; Dinner Recipes Healthy, Dinner Recipes Easy, Dinner Recipes For Family, Dinner Recipes Vegan, Dinner Recipes For Two, Dinner Recipes Date Night, Dinner Recipes Summer, Dinner Recipes Quick. #dinnerrecipeshealthy #dinnerrecipes #easydinnerrecipes #dinnerrecipesforfamily #dinnerideas #easydinnerideas
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 25 – 30 minutes
Total time: 35 – 40 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
- ½ – 1 tsp flakes of red pepper (adjust on how spicy you prefer it)
- 1 pound peeled raw shrimp; deveined
- 1 ½ cups halved cherry tomatoes; can be substituted with grapes
- 2 cups of water
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 3-4 peppercorns
- 6 cloves garlic
- 8 ounces linguine; substitution is either capellini or spaghetti
- 14.5 ounces diced tomatoes
- Parmesan Cheese; for serving
- Parsley sprigs; for garnishing
- First you need to make the shrimp stock. Prepare a stockpot then put water, parsley, peppercorns, shrimp peels, 2 cloves garlic and salt in it. Bring to boil. Lower the heat when boiled enough and simmer for 10 minutes. Strain and reserve 1 cup stock.
- For the pasta, first you need to boil a large pan of water. Sprinkle salt slightly and put the pasta inside the hot boiled water. Cook for about 3 to 5 minutes. Drain the pasta and set it aside.
- Prepare a sauté pan, heat it over medium heat and grease it a little with extra virgin olive oil.
- Slice extra garlic into thin slices. Put it along with flakes of red pepper into the pan. Stir-fry for at least 1 minute.
- Insert ¾ cup of shrimp stock, then simmer without turning off the stove.
- Add diced tomatoes (or halves cherry tomatoes if you use it) into the pan, bring it to boil.
- While stirring occasionally, sprinkle black pepper and salt over. Then, cover the pan and lower the heat. Cook for approximately 10 minutes.
- Open the cover then continue to cook for about 5 minutes.
- Add the shrimp and cook for at least 3 to 4 minutes.
- Final step, add the pasta and toss. Season with personal taste ingredients, and serve it over.