Wow! The Tasty Delicious Pickled Eggs Recipes
- 16 ounce jar of beets
- 1 ¾ cups of white vinegar
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1 ½ Tablespoon of whole allspice
- 1 stick of cinnamon, halved
- 8 eggs, hard boiled and peeled
- Using a saucepan large enough to lay the eggs in a single layer, cover them with an inch of cold water. Place a lid on the pot and bring water to a boil. Remove from heat and let eggs stand in the hot water for 10 to 15 minutes, depending on the size of the eggs. Cool completely with cold water and peel immediately. Gently crack the shell all over, rub egg between palms and, starting at the large end, remove the shell. Put the eggs into a quart jar with a tight fitting lid.
- Keeping the juice, drain the beets and store them for another use. In a saucepan, combine the beet juice with the spices, sugar and vinegar. Bring to a slow boil, stirring until the sugar has dissolved. Simmer for 5 minutes. Pour the hot liquid over the eggs and tightly screw on the lid. Let the jar sit on the counter until it cools and then refrigerate. Flavors will blend within several hours and eggs can be stored in the refrigerator for a week.